Tuesday, July 21, 2009

2009 Summer Vacation-Clitherall Lake

Our family just recently went on our 2nd family vacation to Oak Park Resort on Clitherall Lake. We had a great time despite the cold weather we had. There was only one day above 70 degrees where we could enjoy the water and go swimming a bit. The water was cold. Noah loved the water and wanted to be in it all week long. He did have a great time playing in the sand on the beach though. He was very good all vacation long considering he was limited on the activities he could do there due to the weather. He played hard with cousins Karlyn and Taylor and made some new friends too.

We bought Noah a fishing rod but he did not enjoy fishing much. We just tried it off the dock with him, but he didn't like the idea that he could not jump into the water too. Oh well. He liked to touch the fish that John caught. He then would say "ewwwww". John caught a walleye and that was one of Noah's many words for the week. So cute!

Below are some pictures I took.

This picture was taken in Glenwood at the overlook of Lake Minnewaska. We stop here every year on the way up for a little break.
This is one of the pictures I got of Noah during the only day we could go swimming. He loved it and walked all around in the water.

This is just a picture of Noah hanging out on the beach.

Noah and Taylor playing in the sand. Noah kept lying down in the sand playing so Taylor decided to do it with him!

This was Noah going for his first boat ride. It was cool out that afternoon, but he loved it! He had the biggest smile on his face the entire time and laughed quite a bit too. It was great. This was only ride he went on this week though because of the cold and wind.

I went out fishing with my dad one evening and I caught a CLAM! Really, a clam. I could not believe it! I didn't even know that was possible. I had to bring it in to get a picture of it, but then I put it back into the water. Weird!!

We went to Battle Lake one day and went to a candy shop/ice cream shop called Granny's Pantry. Noah loved it and went crazy when he saw all of the candy. Later we all had some ice cream. Noah's ice cream tasted like fruit loops.

Here is John and Noah digging on the beach.

Noah and I on the beach! I love this picture!

Here is our family.

There is a huge lodge at the resort and they have all sorts of games to play. Noah enjoyed playing the video game. He didn't even need money, he just liked to "race"!

Here are my parents with Noah, Karlyn and Taylor the morning we left to go home. Noah was not happy.
We once again had a great time on our vacation. We can't wait until next year!

1 comment:

Grandma Who, Who, Who said...

I'm glad you all had a relaxing, fun vacation. You need that and it's wonderful that you spend a week together at a lake. It renews your body and soul. We always enjoyed our yearly week at the lake also. It makes for many fond memories. Keep on doing it, if you can!

I enjoyed all the pictures you took. Even though it was cold, I'm sure it was still fun. Noah enjoyed it, I can tell.

Any openings at Clitherall for Grandma and Grandpa Mueller?